Thursday, October 13, 2011

Mint Tea

Edit: I forgot to address this earlier. You may be wondering, "But Chau, why come you no blog any more?"  In addition to my jobs as optician, office manager, nanny, and ministry coordinator, I am now also a retail cashier. Obviously, this cashiering job fulfills all my professional dreams (no, it doesn't).  Just in case retail doesn't work out for me however, I'm also going back to school in a couple of weeks. I've been accepted into seminary at ______ University, and will be earning my Masters of Religion in Intercultural Studies. It is my hope that I'll be able to use my degree for global ministry work. So, I don't know how often I'll be writing in the future. I'll still be cooking and eating, so let's hope I'll remember to continue writing about it!

Ok. I just posted about blackberry mint jam, and now I'm going to talk about mint tea. My sister and I grew some pineapple mint in a container garden this summer, and it grew so abundant that we couldn't eat it all.
Earlier in the summer, when the weather was still chilly and wet, I came down with a cold. Even with drugs, my throat felt raw. So, I made a tea with our extra mint and some ginger. Mint soothes, and ginger has anti-inflammatory properties. It was perfect for my sore throat.

Using a teapot with a removable infuser, I combined the herbs, and added hot water.
Once it got warmer, our mint plant thrived even more. I found that iced mint tea with honey was pretty dang refreshing.
Now that it's autumn, maybe I should stop posting about summertime. Yeah?

No comments: