Friday, August 27, 2010

Oatmeal peanut butter cookies

These are the best peanut butter cookies I've ever had.  What makes them even better is that they also contain oatmeal (my favorite kind of cookie), and are reduced fat (thank you, applesauce). They are: buttery, soft, chewy, and melt-in-your-mouth-y.


I made a  few changes to the recipe: add extra 1/2 c. of oats, reduce sugar levels to your preference (remember that the peanut butter also contains sugar!), don't use shortening (butter or margarine instead), and replace 1/3 of fat content with applesauce. With the changes, they were still really buttery, and moist. I cannot wait to try this recipe with added chocolate chips. It can only get more amazing. Edit: I also used crunchy pb,but I wonder how it would have turned out with reduced fat pb.

These were made for a bible study group, but I'm thinking that a few (lots) of these may be staying home...or in my belly.

No comments: