Wednesday, April 27, 2011

"Free Them" 5k Walk/Run

Free Them 5k Fun Run

I'll be participating in a 5k walk/run on May 7th. It's an event that is raising money to battle child trafficking in southeast Asia. This organization provides job opportunities for families living in poverty, so that they don't have to send their children into the cities (or entrust them to crooks) for jobs. They provide education for children, so that they are less likely to roam the streets, and make safe havens for those rescued out of trafficking. Here is more information about how they use donations.

As a child of Vietnamese immigrants, this program is very dear to my heart. It is my first time participating in a 5k, and I'm very excited! I've already donated $25 to the cause, and am begging you to help me raise more money! (Many thanks to my amazing friend Shelly over at Peanut Butter Shelly Time and Rarely Wears Pants who made a generous donation yesterday.) Please, any amount will help! Thank you!

Click here to donate!

No comments: