Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Ugh.

Dear Friends,

I just blogged about summertime. So why did I wake up this morning with a sore throat, fever, congestion, headache, and icky-ness? Whyyy? 

I don't know many people who enjoy getting sick, but I know two types of people who especially don't like getting sick: 1. singers 2. people who take care of children. Awesome.

This is how I'm going to make myself feel better...Vietnamese beef noodle soup (Pho). Here is the recipe that I'll be following, combined with my mama's skillz.

Hanoi. July 2006. At the best pho place in Hanoi. (I forgot the name of the place.)

I'm simmering everything overnight so that all the flavors just melt into each other. By lunch time tomorrow, I'll (hopefully) be clearing my nasal passages with jalapenos steeped in beef soup.

Pretty much sums up how I feel about colds.

No comments: