Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Summer Sippers

A few weeks ago, we actually had a stretch of days where there was no rain, and it was actually warm. It was a hint of summer before a string of rainy days hit us (again). I loved it. It reminded me of early summers in the south--volleyball, cook outs, tank tops and shorts, watermelon, and flip flops. I actually find myself longing for heat and humidity now...That is, until I hear from my east coast friends that it feels like their skin might melt off whenever they go outside.

 Gas Works Park Spring 2010

While it was still warm, there were a few things that I simply HAD to do:

 1. Drink iced coffee. Lots.

2. Start gardening.*

3. Make sangria. I don't have pics of the sangria that I made (we drank it all)! I'm sorry.

Chau's Fast Sangria for 2 (maybe 4 regular) people:
1/2 bottle dry red wine
1/4 container of frozen juice concentrate (I used Old Orchard's Apple Kiwi Strawberry)
Sliced strawberries, grapes, and oranges (plus, whatever fruit you would like)
Sugar (to taste)
Sprite (optional. Aaaand I don't remember how much I put in. This is a terrible way to explain a recipe.)

Mix everything but the Sprite together. Let it meld together for at least 30 minutes in the fridge. Add ice and Sprite. Drink it all.


*My sister and I planted prepared some seed starters one day, and spent extra time drawing a diagram of it so that we could chart each plant. Maybe a week later, after some seedlings had begun poking through the soil, a random gust of wind knocked the seed starter kit over our deck railing. ALL of our seeds were mixed up. Now, we have no clue what's growing. We grew up on a farm, and we're terrible at gardening.

No comments: